Egg-ceptional food trendMay 17th, 2017
Instagramming your breakfast or brunch eggs is nothing new, but if you are still ‘gramming’ boiled and poached eggs, you might be slightly behind the times.
The latest food craze taking Instagram by storm is the cloud egg.
- First, separate the yolk from the white.
- Whisk the white as if you were making meringues and fold in any optional extras you may like, such as cheese, ham or little cubes of bacon.
- Place the whipped white in a cloud shape on a baking tray, leaving dips in the middle where the yolks will go later.
- Bake in an oven preheated at 230°C oven for five to eight minutes.
- Put the egg yolk in the middle of the cloud and return to the oven for three minutes before serving.
They’re reportedly around 161 calories per serving, and can be eaten on toast, with sides such as avocado, bacon or chips, or simply as they are.