Food thoughts for 2018January 10th, 2018
- Demand for quality Mexican dishes is stronger than ever
- Look out for a British Yorkshire pudding burrito!
- The world food category has shown another year of growth in value
- Premium own label is now a dominant player
- Thai cuisine has seen a 20% year on year growth in the UK
- Top five world cuisines in order of value : English, Italian, Indian, Chinese & Spanish (total £1.7bn)
- American foods are en vogue with healthy twists
- Heat is hot! Think own label super hot vindaloo topped with chillies
- Authentic sauces are essentials for low and slow briskets
- Big and bold meat flavours need exotic condiments which have multi use as a sauce, marinade or a dip
- Occasions require food indulgence, it’s not just Christmas where we experience luxury dining at home or in a restaurant
- South American cuisine is big news, think dishes from Peru, Argentina and Brazil
- The Far East dish is experience even greater demand and diversity, look out for dishes from Korea, Indonesia and Vietnam
- Healthy eating is never out of fashion or demand, a healthy dish with authenticity and flavour is a winner
- Look for great protein to carb values, responsible sugar and fat levels and fewer unnecessary additives
- 70% 0f consumers are making healthier eating and drinking decisions/choices
- Free-from offers exceptional potential for new product development
- Meal kits and recipe boxes are evolving
Here at Roberts of Port Dinorwic we work with organisations to create delicious, consistently high-standard meals for their customers.
We work alongside your chefs and food buyers to develop fresh, exciting new dishes, based on our research of global food trends and emerging cuisines.