New product development : thinking curries?August 2nd, 2017
If you are thinking about adding a curry to your menu offer, from a traditional jalfrezi to a bespoke signature dish our new product development team have vast experience in developing mouth-watering curries for all tastes.
- Data shows that one in seven curries sold in the UK is a chicken tikka masala – making it the UK’s most popular Indian dish.
- The world’s hottest curry is believed to be the widower curry which is made with 20 infinity chillies which are exceptionally hot.
- But according to a poll carried out by BBC Radio 2, the Nation’s Favourite British Indian curry was the Jalfrezi.
- In the UK, we spend over £250 million a year on Indian food and is home to around 9,000 curry houses and restaurants.
- London contains more Indian restaurants than Mumbai and Delhi combined.
- There are two Indian restaurants to every one Chinese restaurant
- We crave a curry mainly due to the fact that the spices arouse and stimulate the taste buds.
- Two thirds of all takeaways in the UK are Indian food.
- Vindaloo isn’t actually the hottest of curries – it’s Phaal, which is rarely served in Britain because of its heat.